Monday, October 20, 2008

Game Review - VT vs. BC

The Hokies offense is an embarrassment. The program would be better served if Bryan Stinespring was coaching the Blacksburg Middle School football team this week instead of being offensive coordinator for Tech. Put Elmo from Sesame Street in as offensive coordinator right now and it would be an improvement. I'm sick of it. Hokie Nation is sick of it. The offense is an anchor keeping this program from reaching its full potential and it's been that way now for several years. ACC Championships have come in SPITE of the pathetic offense. We'll probably lose Bud Foster because of it, too, as who wants to keep coaching your ass off on defense when you have to carry the entire team every week.

This isn't the full review, and I will post a more in-depth breakdown when I have a chance to watch the game footage, but for right now this is all I can stomach.

Crap.

2 comments:

Brent Hobbs said...

How bad is it that I'm not even mad about the loss. I sat there in the fourth quarter thinking "We don't even deserve to win this game."

It may not all be DIRECTLY Stinespring's fault. If the receivers had made some catches they should have and if Taylor had not thrown behind/underthrown several times, the game may have looked very different. But the responsibility has to fall somewhere. We have too much talent to look that bad.

Hokie Guru said...

BH, our offense is ranked #110. We have not had an offense that has cracked the top 40 for years. I don't ask for the world... I'd be happy with a 60th ranked offense.

MJ, I gave you some pub in my blog entry this week... the blog is picking up some steam. You're right, by the way... I'd be fricking pissed of I was Foster... he can't be expected to pick up the load and mask Stiny's deficiencies every year. After a while, we knew that Foster would have a young defense (but one that improves every game)... the offense, on the other hand, is getting worse. I usually don't swear in blog entries, but I lost it this week.

By the way, I have a good shot to be a season ticket holder for basketball.

Hokie Guru
http://firebryanstinespring.blogspot.com